Local community leaders will join with the public to kick-off the 2020 census on Monday, Jan. 27 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the William N. Pennington Life Center on South Maine Street in Fallon. All are invited to attend this event aimed at raising awareness of the importance of an accurate count for Churchill County during the census this spring.
County Commission Chair Pete Olsen and other local officials will give remarks along with state census officials.
Important things to remember about the census:
- You will have the option to fill out the census form online, by phone or by mail
- It helps determine political representation in Washington, DC (Nevada received another seat in the House of Representatives based on data collected from the 2010 census)
- Helps determine our allocation of $675 billion in federal funding which meant more than $6.2 billion to Nevada in 2016
- The census is required by the U.S. Constitution
- The census is secure. By law, data collected by the U.S. Census Bureau cannot be shared with any other federal agency including immigration agencies, law enforcement or agencies determining eligibility for government benefits.
- Census forms start arriving in your mailbox in mid-March.
Check back on this website and the county’s Facebook and Twitter accounts in the coming weeks for more information on Census 2020.
For more information now go to: 2020census.gov