The Nevada Department of Transportation announced two road improvement projects and subsequent lane closures beginning next week that will affect Churchill County residents traveling to and from USA Parkway and Reno.
I-80 east of Sparks
Overnight lane closures will take place on Interstate 80 east of Sparks beginning Monday, Nov. 16 as the Nevada Department of Transportation resurfaces the interstate for enhanced friction and driving safety.
The following lane closures will take place on I-80 between Vista Blvd. and the Mustang interchange weeknights beginning the evening of Nov. 16 through approximately Nov. 27:
- Eastbound I-80: one lane closed weeknights 6 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Westbound I-80: one lane closed weeknights 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Intermittent on and off ramp closures will also take place at the Vista Boulevard, Lockwood and Mustang exits, with marked detours available.
- Travel speeds will be reduced to 55 mph through the work zone.
- Motorists should anticipate moderate travel delays and are advised to allow extra travel time.
The concrete interstate surface will be further textured; providing additional roadway friction to reduce vehicle skidding or hydroplaning.
I-80 at USA Parkway
Lane and ramp closures will be in place on the USA Parkway near Interstate 80 Nov. 18 as NDOT completes repairs to a raised concrete median damaged in a crash.
The following lane and ramp closures will take place between 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18:
- The off-ramp from westbound I-80 to USA Parkway will be closed, with a nearby detour available via the Patrick interchange and Waltham Way.
- Speed limits on westbound I-80 will be reduced to 55mph near the USA Parkway interchange.
- Lane reductions will take place on both directions of USA Parkway near the I-80 interchange. One lane will remain available in each direction of the USA Parkway.
- Traffic flaggers will be in place at the top of I-80 ramps to USA Parkway to safely direct traffic.
Drivers traveling between the USA Parkway and I-80 should anticipate moderate travel delays. Motorists are reminded to drive safely in road work zones; following all traffic control signage and personnel.
State road information is available at nevadadot.com or by calling (775)888-7000.