UPDATED: APRIL 6 at 9:30 a.m.
Churchill County’s announces its next dates for those 18 and older to receive the free COVID vaccine at the Churchill County Public Health Drive-Thru site off Miner’s Road, just south of the county fairgrounds. Please follow the signage and enter the fairgrounds via Miner’s Road off Hwy 95 South.
Vaccines are available on a first-come, first-served basis for as long as supplies last. No appointment needed.
- Ages 18+; please bring a photo ID.
- Ages 16-17: Pfizer vaccines available for this age on April 7 and 8 from 2-4 p.m. and on April 10 from 9 a.m. to noon.
To expedite your vaccination process (both first and second dose as applicable), please print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire” and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist” forms and bring them with you to the fairgrounds.
First Doses (drive-through, no appointment needed)
- April 7 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pfizer available for 16-17 year olds only from 2-4 p.m.)
- April 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pfizer available for 16-17 year olds only from 2-4 p.m.)
- April 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pfizer available for 16-17 year olds only from 9 a.m. to noon and all ages from noon to 4 p.m.)
Second Doses (drive-through, no appointment needed)
- April 7 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please refer to your vaccination card to see when you are eligible for your second vaccine dose. Per the State of Nevada Department of Public and Behavioral Health, you must receive your second dose at the same location as you received your first dose.
Getting to the County’s Public Health Drive-Thru Site
All persons should arrive to Miners Road from Highway 95 south. Anyone blocking state highways (including Hwy 95 and Sheckler) will be cited by law enforcement.
- Churchill Area Regional Transportation, or CART, is available to take local eligible vaccine populations who don’t have a ride to the fairgrounds to receive their COVID vaccine. Masks are required when riding the CART bus. To arrange for a ride to the fairgrounds, call CART at (775)428-2988 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Medicaid recipients needing a ride to the fairgrounds for the vaccine should contact Medicaid for an expedited request. Medicaid is waiving the five-day ride request requirement for those seeking the vaccine.
- Special Arrangements - If you or someone you know cannot access CART or leave their home to obtain the vaccine please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to be reviewed for alternative options.
Other County Locations Offering the Vaccine:
Please call or go online to schedule an appointment with any of these local pharmacies now serving ages 16+. You will need an email and to create an account to schedule your vaccine:
Via appointment through their online portal: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
Via appointment through their online portal: https://safeway.com/pharmacy.html
Via appointments through their online portal: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
Via appointment through their online portal: https://www.walmart.com.
Free COVID testing (both the rapid and the PCR tests) are available at the Churchill County Public Health Drive-Through site on Miner’s Road off Highway 95 south on April 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
As vaccines continue to roll out, Churchill County will work as efficiently as possible to administer these vaccines over the coming weeks. Additional vaccine dates and information will be provided on county’s website when available.