Click to Home
Go To Search
Home-Based Businesses
Churchill County supports small home based businesses. For help with starting a small business you might want to contact the Churchill Economic Development Authority (CEDA) at (775) 423-8587 or visit

Home-based businesses must obtain either a conditional use permit or a special use permit before a business license may be issued.
a. Conditional Use Permits
are issued administratively.
b. Special Use Permits are issued by the Churchill County Planning Commission at a public hearing. Issuance of a Special Use Permit is discretionary on the part of the Planning Commission and not issued as a matter of right.

Affidavits May Be Required
If you are operating a type of business that is not normally permitted without a state license or not permitted within a residential zoning district, you may be required to complete an affidavit along with the business license application.