Click to Home
Go To Search
Absentee Voter Information
Absentee ballots accommodate voters who cannot or do not wish to vote in-person during early voting or on Election Day. Any registered voter, for any reason, may request an absentee ballot. The request must be in WRITING. You must provide a copy of appropriate I.D. when you request an absentee ballot if you are a first-time voter who did not provide identification (I.D.) when you registered.

You must submit a properly completed absentee ballot request to the Clerk/Treasurer's each election year you wish to vote by absentee ballot. Nevada does not provide for permanent absentee ballot status. After the request is processed, the voter will be mailed absentee ballot voting materials, which include a paper ballot and voting instructions. 

Absentee Request Form
After properly completing your written request, you can either mail, fax (775)423-7069, or hand deliver it to the Clerk/Treasurer's office.

Military and Oversees Voters

Military personnel and their dependents temporarily living outside of Churchill County, and Churchill County residents temporarily living overseas should submit a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) instead of the standard Voter Registration Application or Absentee Ballot Request Form. The FPCA is a combined Voter Registration Application and Absentee Ballot Request that eliminates the need to submit these items separately.

To obtain the FPCA form you can click on link below or visit the Voter Assistance Program’s website.

FPCA - Federal Post Card Application

Federal Voting Assistance Program