Doing Business in Churchill County
Why Do Business in Churchill County?
Churchill County has benefited from a stable economy due in large part to key community assets including the mainstay agriculture industry, a unique renewable energy production industry and the military/government stimulus that is Naval Air station Fallon, featuring the famous TOPGUN and SEAL training centers.
Thanks to its renewable green energy resources, the county is a net exporter of green energy.
And we now feature the Churchill Hazen Industrial Park (CHIP):
A new economic development opportunity.
- Flat land sits adjacent to U.S. Highway 50A
- 2,308 acres available in first phase; 25,000 planned
- Easy one-day access to western states by rail or truck
- Fiberoptics/broadband widely available
- Only 20 miles to Tahoe Reno Industrial Center (Tesla Gigafactory, Switch, Google, Apple and many other world-renowned companies.)
Features and Demographics
Expected growth in Churchill County of 12.61% by 2035, according to the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
- Speed and access to streamlined government offices and officials
- Planned residential developments currently under construction, 9,878 acres zoned commercial/industrial; motivated Planning Commission ready to rezone as needed by interested parties
- Union Pacific Railroad spur into the City of Fallon
- Fallon Chamber of Commerce
- Churchill Economic Development Authority
- Western Nevada College
- Banner Churchill Community Hospital
- ISO 1 rated Volunteer Fire Department
- Fallon Municipal Airport
- Primary runway and taxiway capable of supporting turbo-prop and business nets aircraft that do not exceed the published single wheel limitations of 17,000 pounds.
- Main runway: 5,700’ asphalt strip (3-21) which is fully lighted for night operations
- Weather and communications are available through an automatic weather observation system (AWOS)
- General aviation facility equipped to support visual flight operations (VFR)
- Self-serve fuel (jet A/LL AVGAS) available with credit card
- Reno Tahoe International Airport is 60 miles away
- Churchill County: 24,877; 18,436 are 18+ (working age)
- City of Fallon: 8,606
- Median age: 39
- 89.4% of county residents are high school grads or higher
- High percentage of veterans live in Churchill County
- Median household income: $46,332
- Per capita income (2017): $41,332
- Total existing housing units (2017): 10,848, with plenty of developed infrastructure lots
- Mainstay industries: agriculture, geothermal, government/military
- Top employers: Naval Air Station Fallon, Churchill County, Churchill County School District, Banner Churchill Community Hospital
- Unemployment rate (2018): 3.8%