The local community once again comes together to raise awareness and help prevention child abuse through the month-long “Pinwheels for Prevention” awareness campaign.
Working with community partners, Churchill County Social Services is heading up the effort to offer fun activities in April while educating folks on child abuse prevention resources and providing services to protect the lives of all our citizens.
Activities and Events
- April 1-7: Geocaching Easter eggs throughout the community. Sign up at: churchillcountyrecreation.org
- April 6: April declared Child Abuse Prevention Month at Board of County Commissioners meeting at 8:15 a.m. in Chambers, 155 N. Taylor Street.
- April 7: Kick-off observance at Millennium Park at 10 a.m. with local officials and community members.
- April 14: CARE kids at Pennington Life Center with Community Coalition to make pinwheels with seniors from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 17-21: Mindfulness kits available for pick-up at the Churchill County Library.
- April 27: Family carnival at Pennington Life Center from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Fun games and activities host by community partners; hotdogs and popcorn provided.
All are welcome at any activity and children are especially encouraged to take part.
Photo: Pinwheels will be placed at Millennium Park and elsewhere around town during the month of April.