How can I get my property returned in a criminal case?
When a criminal case has been resolved our office sends a property release to the police agency that handled the case. You should contact that police agency. If they do not have a release on file contact our office and the attorney who handled the case can review your request and prepare a property release. In certain cases we are required to wait for a period of time to resolve potential appeal filings. If you are the victim, in many cases we can have your property photographed and returned to you. We do not authorize the release of firearms or other contraband to defendants after a conviction.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. Once a crime is reported, what happens?
3. What is the jurisdiction of the Churchill County District Attorney’s Office?
4. Who decides what charges to file and how do they make the decision?
5. If I get a subpoena, do I have to go to court?
6. If I am subpoenaed and I miss work to attend court, will the District Attorney pay for lost wages?
7. Why am I a witness? I didn’t see the crime happen?
8. As a witness, do I have to talk in front of the defendant in court?
9. I was the victim of a crime. How can I find out the status of the case, the name of the defendant, and the defendant’s next court date?
10. I am a victim of a crime and I want to drop the charges. Can I do that?
11. What if I need an interpreter?
12. I am a defendant in a case and I can't seem to get in touch with my lawyer. Can I speak to your office?
13. Can I obtain a restraining order against someone. Will the DA's Office do this for me?
14. How can I get my property returned in a criminal case?
15. How long will I be at court as a witness?