Who needs an encroachment permit?

Any person, contractor, or public utility performing work within a county right of way or road easement needs an encroachment permit. Standard road easements are 60 feet wide (30 feet on both sides from the center of the roadway). The $50.00 permit fee for a residential encroachment permit will be waived for driveways, landscaping, and fencing, if the Road Department is notified during the planning phase.

Encroachment Application

Show All Answers

1. Why doesn't the county maintain all the roads in Churchill County?
2. Are my property taxes or registration fees used to fund the County Road Department?
3. Who needs an encroachment permit?